What can you do to preserve the quality of your drinking water:
- Clean up after your pets. Contaminants from pet poop can get into the aquifer.
- Do not feed the deer. Scott Point deer are known to carry cryptosporidium, a nasty parasite. Feeding the deer encourages them to congregate and improve opportunities for their feces to contaminate the aquifer.
- Do not allow contamination of ground by paints, oils, gasoline, or chemicals
- Take left over supplies to recycling depot.
- Keep your septic system healthy
- Pump out your septic tank a minimum of every four years
- Have the septic tank thoroughly inspected at each pump-out
- Do not put strong cleaners or chemicals down the drain.
- Use only low phosphate soaps and detergents
- Do not dispose of old pharmaceuticals down the drain
- Eliminate or limit the amount of pesticide and fertilizer (natural or chemical) applied to gardens
- Drain your meter box. If necessary install a pipe from meter box to open area lower than the meter box.
- Replace your rusty shut-off valve at the street with a stainless steel valve.
CRD Septic Systems